Monday, October 22, 2007

My Name-sake

I have been asked many times about Kaylee's name. I thought I would post today about how her name came to be.

This is our Gigi with her namesake, Kaylee.

Her real name is Jean Kay (Jake could not say Jean when he was little, so he nicknamed her Gigi and it has been her name ever since). She and I went to college together and have been good friends ever since. She is one of those 'there in the good times and ready to help in the bad times' friends. Need something? Call Jean! She is such a special friend that I knew I wanted to name our daughter after her. I played with many variations of her name...nothing was quite working for me. Then, one day, God gave it to me...use Jean's middle name and my middle name to get my daughter's name. Thus, Kaylee (if you don't know, I am Cameron Lee) was born!

Thank you, Gigi, for being such a testament of Christ's love! I count our friendship a blessing!

1 comment:

Sonya said...

I love the way you came up with the name. Very unique and will be a wonderful story to tell your daughter when she's older!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed