Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Progress...



I know some of you look at this photo and think, "Wow! What a mess!", but I look at this photo and think, "Yea! Finally!"

We have been working with an Occupational Therapist since March trying to get Kaylee to touch 'squishy' things. Remember, when we first got her, she would not touch things, would not put objects to her mouth, would not even hold her own bottle/cup! Most parents hate when their baby puts everything in their mouth, but it is a very important part of development...and Kaylee was lacking it! Think about having to feed your 15 month old every snack, every meal, every drink...now, I can finally put her meal in front of her and she will feed herself!

I don't even mind the mess!

Next we will tackle the spoon...one step at a time.

Another side note on her development, she will now go from sitting to standing without holding on! When I can capture a photo of her new trick, I will get it posted.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed