Wednesday, July 19, 2006

How It All Started!


January 9, 2005
I (Cammie) have been thinking for about 6 months that I want to adopt a baby. I feel that God has used many things in the world lately (mostly the Tsunami) to make me feel this way. I have an incredible urge to help a child. I thought the feeling would go away, that I could ignore God's call, but that hasn't worked...so I decided to talk to David about it today. We were driving home from church and having a deep discussion...about career goals, family goals, money, etc...so I thought I would bring up the idea of adopting a child. I was very surprised when he said, "I think it's a great idea! I have always wanted to say 'my kids'." This started the ball rolling!
We did not tell Jake today. We decided that the year it takes to get the baby home would be a very long time and that he would not understand that.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed